This site will provide a historical reference to anyone interested in how the issue of creating new cities in Central DeKalb County came about and why there are many of us who are opposed to more government at this point in time. And, mainly, we seek to call attention to the glaringly obvious facts that should cause anyone to reconsider their own decision to support the group known as Tucker 2014 or Tucker Together or Tucker 2015:
- They are non-transparent, have unclear goals, leadership that resides primarily in small pockets of our community or even outside of what is traditionally called Tucker.
- They have not made a charter document public and will not explain who is responsible for drawing their map and why they chose the borders that they did.
- They do not appear to have our collective best interest at heart and have turned away many who have volunteered their time to assist them.
- They have not revealed how much money was collected in their city effort so far and how it was spent.
- They have not revealed who was lobbying at the capital on the behalf of our thousands of residents and they put forward a speaker who is a clear political activist seeking to advance the mission of one party over another.
- They presented a budget that would include an extreme amount of money for its administrative costs and insist on the need to take over the police services function when most people have stated in their meetings that they are satisfied with the job the DeKalb Police are doing.
- They have used certain individuals with influence in the school system to gain followers for the city movement, yet they claim that they have no impact on the schools and will not seek a separate school system as a primary goal.
- They are led by many with objectives that are counter to the desires of the core Tucker resident: development vs. remaining a small town.
- And, a big concern: until we called them out repeatedly, they were listed with the state of Georgia as a "for profit" business, not a non-profit as they previously claimed.
We will seek answers. We will post what we learn here. We will do our best to uncover the people who want to keep our community in the dark and those who want to malign our reputation in the process. Thank you for reading.... stay tuned ....