By the way... can YOU wield this kind of power in YOUR community? Would YOU be crying over "local control" and saying that no one listens to you if you were actually able to require legislators from other parts of the state to come downtown to the capitol when they are NOT EVEN IN SESSION, to listen to your bickering for more than an hour and a half and have it live streamed on the taxpayers' dime?
So far, we have heard from a total of THREE DIFFERENT GROUPS all wanting the same area ... first they were called LAKESIDE, then they called themselves BRIARCLIFF and now they say they are merged and calling themselves LAVISTA HILLS, but can't even spell that name correctly so who wants to bet that we have not heard an end to the name changes, yet?
Since they also said they were supporting the efforts of STONECREST, another city bill, who wants to bet that they filed that one, too? And we're going to also assume that they filed for the city of PROSPERITY, which is a funny one considering the fact that Georgia is the leader in the nation for unemployment, right? Ha! Actually, it hurts to laugh about that. It's more sad than funny because they folks really do believe they are better than everyone else. They prove it every time they speak and every time they look down in disgust at the very same people they claim to want to "locally control."
If you have read the feasibility reports, however, it is interesting to know that "Lakeside" not only had a lower household income compared to Tucker, but they also have a high number of renters in their area. So, this truly is a case of the 1% of Central DeKalb trying to speak for and take advantage of the other 99%. In the meantime, Tucker's reputation is being destroyed and our residents are moving away .... who's next? Will there be anyone left to vote no when the time comes?
We are hoping so. But, Lakeside and Tucker city groups are hoping everyone who cares will be gone by then. They don't want you to vote. They don't want you to have control. They just want your money for the same exact services and no improvement whatsoever ... just a changing of the guard, so you can fork it over to one new set of greedy hands instead of the other.
Here are the contact details for the committee, if you care to chime in:
• Rep. Buzz Brockway (R-Lawrenceville), Chair 404.656.0188 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Rep. Barry Fleming (R-Harlem) 404.656.0152 email@example.com
• Rep. Mark Hamilton (R-Cumming) 404.656.5132 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Rep. Howard Mosby (D-Atlanta) 404.656.0287 email@example.com
• Rep. Mary Margaret Oliver (D-Decatur) 404.377.0485 404.656.0265 firstname.lastname@example.org